Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Officially Gay

Wednesday 15 June 2011 – It’s a scorcher today, at 08.20 it feels too warm to venture out into the garden. Jet by Wings plays, as I catch up on some e mails over breakfast. The treatment has worked and my hearing is back to normal. I take my blood pressure and the reading is normal, as i turn around I jump out of my skin, (blood pressure up) sat on top of my iPod in its dock is another grasshopper. I grab my camera just as it jumps onto my videoclip_image001 camera and starts to walk off. Photo snapped and it’s taken outside.

I have another heart stopping moment later in the day. I wander down to the bottom of the garden where I planted my tomato plants. I look up, and sat in an olive tree with a malevolent grin on it’s face, is one of Ada’s cats. It’s the biggest tom, which possesses a spiteful nature; a personality that matches its disagreeable visage.

After dinner I venture out, I drive along the coast road to Pescara. I pull up and take a stroll along the beach, there’s an eclipse tonight which should make the moon appear reddish in colour. I look up and our natural satellite has an orange hue. I find a gay venue I’d read about IMG_0955previously and decide to pay it a visit to enquire about obtaining a Arcigay card.

The Arcigay card is a membership card that allows you entry to all gay venues in Italy, as unlike the UK you can’t just walk in, as they are all member only clubs. As usual I have to provide documents to prove who I am, (this is Italy after all) I sign in triplicate and get given my plastic card. €15 per year to discover, to coin a phrase “I’m not the only gay in the village.”

No comments:

Post a Comment